Friday, October 2, 2009

Nebraska Junk Jaunt 2009

Last weekend was the Nebraska Junk Jaunt, so myself and a friend of mine loaded up in the truck about 6:00 a.m. Thursday morning with our cooler full of food and drinks, our tarp straps, our Junk Jaunt map, and headed down the highway towards one of the best junking trails in Nebraska.

Ericson was out first stop, there is a guy on the edge of town I always stop at, he has horses, rabbits and peacocks, besides that I always find something at his place.

This is what I found this time, some really nice dinner dishes with some of the smaller oval plates to match and a picnic set in colorful summer print.... $5.00 for all!!

Meet Sue, she is there every year, greeting all the customers.....

This is Bernie and Harry, they found something they couldn't live without, half a lady with a few cracks in her legs. I spotted her right away and was looking for the rest of her body when I saw Bernie with her legs so I had to go over and ask what she was going to do with her legs. Bernie had big plans for these legs for a project in her lawn for Halloween. Bernie was excited but Harry was embarrassed of his wife's purchase.

This is part of the stuff we saw at the second stop we made, the house in the background also had stuff in it....

This is Don, we have become friends over the years of junking, he always looks for me to come and see him each year. He always has some way cool things with prices that are way cool too.

These chairs were at the Burwell Butter Factory. Love the patina that each one has....

This is the load after two stops, looking a little full already, huh?

Meet Killer, he only weighs 14 pounds, now that is a whopper of a rabbit.....

By this time we were getting hungry so we decided to stop into Barb's Diner.....

Here was the special for the day, hamburger steak, baked potato, salad, and dessert, all for $4.95, oh and with the drink too!!! What a deal....

Next stop Thompson's Treasure's in Sargent, look at this old doll......
Isn't her face just spectacular!

This is where you can get the corner on the market for muffin tins....

Horse tack, piles of it.....

Dr. Macdonald's feeder, isn't this a beauty, had to bring that home with me.....

The never ending tent of junk, you can barely see the other end.....

The old railroad sign in Merna....

A few photos of some of the goods, as you can see I found some great things...

More stuff......

Great old red roller skate case......

And a few of the smalls.....

This is just a few of the items I got on the Junk Jaunt. The day was a success and we both came home happy as a lark. It's definitely a must do, go, see, buy event. I wouldn't miss it for anything. It's always the last week in September so maybe I'll see you there next year!

Cammie(:

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some good things!!! So wish I could of gone.
    I'll call ya tomorrow or Sunday and see how your Day in the Country sale went. Good Luck!
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your old suit cases! My mom and I have been for the past 4 years. It's ourt birthday gift to each other. This year we only had one day(Friday) due to responsibilites. WE left Grand Island @ 7:30 and only made it 18 miles outstide of G.I. by 4:30! Lots of goodies. Last year we met Margo from Margo's Junking Journal @ Burwell.
    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was me you met, were you at the red barn out in the country, and I took pictures of you and your mom, and was asking about your junk in the back of your truck? You had bricks, a green trike,and suitcases to hide things in from your husbands so they didn't know how much stuff you bought? Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went too this year and it was fun. Will need to try some different towns next year. Love everything you brought home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you go back and buy Sue for me.... just send her on to Maryland please! Looks like you had fun! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finds... Love the McDonald Box... thanks for letting us window shop...

    ReplyDelete