Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Theatre Chairs Will Be Getting New Homes

Last Friday I had received a call from a junking buddy of mine that there were some theatre chairs that would be available for sale, she wanted to know if I wanted to go and look at them with her. My answer was of course, YES!

These seats came out of the Allen, Nebraska movie theatre about 50 years ago and placed in storage that long ago.

It took three truck loads to get them all out and hauled home.

They were in sections of 6 but we rearranged them to sets of 3 so they would be more useful in people's homes. I am bringing these to the Bonanza! Stop by and check them out, after we gave them a bath and oiled them up they are fabulous.

Stop by and pick up a piece American history while shopping the Bonanza, see ya there!

Cammie(:

4 comments:

  1. Love these, I've got a set of 3 on my porch.
    can't wait to see them in person.
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a little girl in southwest Iowa, we had these seats in our church. Can you imagine? It would be kind of fun to have some on my porch now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see all of your fabulous 'stuff' at the Bonanza! Save some of it for me! I'll stop and say hi! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME theatre chairs!!! I scored some theatre chairs this weekend too (pics in my blog), but yours look swankier. I laughed when you said you made a six hour trip to go junking, that is something I would so TOTALLY do....and plan on doing for Warrenton this week.
    I'm so glad I found you, you have a new fan and follower!
    Blessings,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete