Monday, January 24, 2011

Iowa.......

Friday we took off in hopes of an adventure, big junk finds, and good weather to do it in. We came up with all three....

I have a special place in my heart for old movie theatres, they are becoming an extinct species...

Showtime 7:30, well we won't be catching that show, the junk is calling.....

Bingo!! I found a barrel of stuff, and lots of them......

Some furniture, matter a fact a whole warehouse full.....

Just a few wooden shoe lasts...... approximately 200 of them!!!!!

Several old mantels, this jewel was just $975, quarter sawn oak, massive, and beautiful......

Bingo again, thread spools from an old factory, the man says there is 12,000 of them, you think he is right? Threw some of those in the trailer.......

The husband checking out the old side shed....... and what does he find?

A pile of widow's peak, only 80 some of these......

Overall, the day was a success, we came home with piles of junk and a few extras, the weather held out, and we did have quite an adventure, 250 miles of junking joy, even found a few new places that I have to discover yet. But that will be later, stay posted!!

Cammie(:

8 comments:

  1. Maybe one of these days I will get to go on a junkin' trip with you! Even if I don't have a dime to spend it would be an adventure because you always find the best junk and always piles of it!
    Happy travels,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized you were in Walnut! Glad they still had a few shoe lasts!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhmm.... I think I just drooled all over the thread spools that you showed me on my computer screen. LOL

    GOOD GRIEF - I am GREEN with envy!!! Great Finds!!!

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya Cammie....!

    THANKS SO MUCH for your note Lovey....I'm THRILLED to have broken loose & am looking forward to hitting the road in search of the good stuff....I only HOPE I'm able to find WAY COOL Treasures like you came across on this Iowa trip....!!

    I had a chuckle to myself though 'cause when I looked at your pic re Mark Walberg appearing at the theatre in 'Fighter' & then read down to your comment where you wrote, "I have a special place in my heart...." ....My mind raced ahead thinkin', "I hear ya Sister....I have a SPECIAL place in my heart for Mark too"....But of course I was WAY OFF 'cause you went on to say, "....for old movie theatres...."....hahahahaha....Mind you I DO have a special fondness myself for old theatres also....hahahahaha....

    Love love LOVE all those spools....They're SO expensive here in OZ....I wonder how much shipping would be for a big box....hmmmmmm....Oh & those chippy white mantels are TO DIE FOR....I have a BIG thing for chippy mantels....!!

    Well Cammie I MUST away....I'm hoping as I clack away here it's starting to warm up at your end....Would you believe, two months IN & we Aussies are FINALLY getting our Summer....Better late than not at all though hey....!

    Have a FABULOUS weekend my Friend....!

    Cheers from Oz,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete